Top 5 Ways to Stay Productive
Most of us rely on bursts of productivity to get our work done throughout the day. When we’re feeling productive, we’ll try to get as much done as we possibly can, before that productivity is gone again. But what if there were ways to actually stay productive and get even more done? Here are five ways to do exactly that:
- Make a to-do list. When you have a list of things that you absolutely know you need to get done and you carry that list with you or put it somewhere you are likely to see it repeatedly, you are much more likely to be motivated to check things off that list.
- Get a productivity buddy. Having someone that will keep you accountable can be a great way to make sure that you actually do what you are supposed to do. Often, when you feel like no one is watching, you’ll find yourself slacking off. The same is not true when you rope a friend into being your productivity buddy.
- Have a dedicated workspace. Especially if you work from home, have a place set aside just for working and doing nothing else. That way, when you go there, you’ll be more likely to work.
- Turn off the internet. Unless you absolutely need it for the task you are doing, turn it off and do not let yourself turn it back on until you are done with everything you need to do. It is one of the most notorious time-sucks out there.
- Take a break. Trying to go at full tilt all the time is going to result in burnout. Instead, give yourself scheduled breaks to just grab a drink or go for a walk, and, once they are done, get right back to work.